TheDispatch

  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • More News
    • Across the world
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • More Links
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Features
    • Culture & Tourism
    • Investigation
    • Fact Check
    • Press Releases
    • Oil & Gas
    • Company Analysis
  • Advert Rates
Just In
  • [ February 12, 2026 ] FG Orders NAFDAC To Suspend Crackdown On Sachet Alcohol, Rejects Factory Closures Nationwide News
  • [ February 12, 2026 ] The Epstein Abyss: A Damning Indictment Of Elite Depravity By Alaba Abdulrazak Opinion
  • [ February 12, 2026 ] Nothing Definitive’ Reached About Iran During Netanyahu’s Visit With Trump Across the world
  • [ February 12, 2026 ] Cubana Chief Priest Clashes With Isaac Fayose Over Igbo Loyalty And Support For Tinubu Lifestyle
HomeUncategorizedPatience Jonathan Is Now Free To Withdraw Her $5.9m Account

Patience Jonathan Is Now Free To Withdraw Her $5.9m Account

April 26, 2017 editor Uncategorized

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday withdrew its application for stay of execution of the court order which unfroze the account which former first lady, Patience Jonathan, operates with Skye Bank that has a balance of $5.9m.
Approaching the Federal High Court in Lagos which had on April 6 unfroze the account of former president Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, counsel to the EFCC, Rotimi Oyedepo, stated that the anti-graft agency has changed its mind about appealing the unfreezing order.
He then told the presiding judge, Justice Mojisola Olatoregun, that the EFCC was withdrawing its application that had sought to stay the execution of the order.
In his response, the lawyer to Patience, Mr. Ifedayo Adedipe, confirmed being served with the application by the commission to withdraw its application for stay of proceedings.
He stated that in view of the action of the EFCC, he would equally withdraw the Form 48 and Form 49 he filed to cite Skye Bank for contempt of court for not allowing Patience access to her account in spite of the court order.
The presiding judge, after listening to both parties, granted the prayers of both the EFCC and Adedipe to withdraw their respective applications.
With the development, the coast is now clear for the former first lady to have access to her account with Skye Bank Plc, where she lodged $5. 842, 316. 66.
Recall that last year, Justice Olatoregun had at the instance of the EFCC made an interim order freezing multiple accounts linked to Patience.
The order was pursuant to an ex parte application by the EFCC, wherein one of its operatives, Abdulahi Tukur, told the judge that the funds retained in the said accounts were suspected proceeds of crime.

Share this article
  • Patience Jonathan Is Now Free To Withdraw Her $5.9m Account
Previous

Serena Williams Hits Out at Ilie Nastase For ‘Racially Abusing’ Her Unborn Child

Next

Osinbajo’s Panel Grills Babachir Lawal For Over Two Hours

Latest News

  • FG Orders NAFDAC To Suspend Crackdown On Sachet Alcohol, Rejects Factory Closures Nationwide
    February 12, 2026
  • The Epstein Abyss: A Damning Indictment Of Elite Depravity By Alaba Abdulrazak
    February 12, 2026
  • Nothing Definitive’ Reached About Iran During Netanyahu’s Visit With Trump
    February 12, 2026
  • Cubana Chief Priest Clashes With Isaac Fayose Over Igbo Loyalty And Support For Tinubu
    February 12, 2026

Interview
  • Nigerians Have No Business With Poverty – Energy Expert, Finance Expert, Cleric
    May 3, 2022
  • Expert (Ubani) Decries Nigeria’s High Debt Profile
    April 3, 2022
Press Releases
  • Boko Haram: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Borno After Bomb Explosion
    August 1, 2024
  • Oyo State Indigene Emerges one of the Best, if not the best, in 2024 JAMB with 350 Points
    May 2, 2024
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Comment Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms oF Use
  • Contact Us
  • Interview

©2026. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Netcarvers