The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission, investigating alleged misappropriation of the Kano Emirate Council’s N6 billion, has suspended its probe into the financial dealings of the Emir, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II.
Chairman of the commission, Muhuyi Magaji, stated this on Saturday that the investigation had been suspended indefinitely owing to the intervention of the Kano House of Assembly which has taken over the matter.
He said the decision of the commission was in line with section 6 of the law setting up the agency.
“We could not continue as the house was also conducting an investigation. We wrote to the house seeking details about the content of their investigations.
“The reply of the letter sent to the house will determine the position of our investigation. We will brief the public of the outcome,” he said.
It would be recalled that the Kano Assembly had launched a separate investigation of the monarch following allegations of funds misappropriation, “defamation of character, breach of oath of office/oath of allegiance, abuse of office privileges and protocol, and political and religious interference”.
